UIF - United Islands Freeroam Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


UIF SA-MP server IP: play.uifserver.net:7776

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Solutions to SA-MP errors from Client-Side  (Read 5378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2674
  • Build 97-138
Solutions to SA-MP errors from Client-Side
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »

This is a tutorial on solutions to errors that happen in Client-Side. That tutorial will help the players who are having trouble running your game and correct possible problems.

I get the error: "San Andreas cannot be found"

San Andreas Multi-player is not a stand-alone program! It adds the multi-player functionality to GTA:SA, which lets you play with several people on different servers. And thus you need GTA San Andreas for the PC - note it also needs to be EU/US v1.0, other versions such as v2.0 or Steam and Direct2Drive will not work.
I can't see any servers in SA-MP browser

You must allow SA:MP access through your firewall. Unfortunately, due to the large amount of available firewall software, I can not give you detailed info - I recommend you looking at the manufacturers website or trying a Google search. Also make sure you have the latest SA:MP version.

GTA:SA (Offline) loads instead of SA-MP

You are not supposed to see the options of Single-player (New Game, Load Game, etc) - SA:MP should load by itself and not present these options. If you see default GTA:SA loading screen instead of SA:MP's "Connecting to..." the Singe-player mode is being loaded.

Usually this can ocurr due to 2 reasons: You have installed SA:MP to the wrong folder or you have the wrong version of San Andreas. If you have the wrong version, it's easy to fix. Download this pacth changing your version of GTA:SA to version 1.0.
Sometimes, the single-player menu will be shown, but SA:MP will have in fact loaded properly. To fix this you simply need to select an item on the menu then press esc until you're out of it, then SA:MP will proceed to load.

Note: Single-player mode in GTA:SA, sometimes, can also be loaded by an execution in the administration enabled in the extension .exe file!
Right click on samp.exe > Properties > Compatibility and, then, uncheck the option 'run the program as an administrator' > Ok.

I get: "Unacceptable NickName" when I connecting to UIF server
Ensure you are not using any disallowed characters in your nickname (use 0-9, az, AZ, [], (), $, @, . and = only), and that your nickname is not less than 3 and no longer than 20 characters. This also could be caused when a player is on a server with the same nick as you (which can happen if you re-join a server very soon after timing out or crashing). Also a Windows server running SA:MP with a uptime greater than 50 days can cause this bug.

Screen sticks at: "Connecting to ip:port...''

The server could be offline, or if you can't connect to any server, disable your firewall and see if it works. If it does, you must set up your firewall - search on Google to find out how.
It could also be that you have an old version of SA:MP, download the latest version from the SA:MP download page.

I have a modified GTA:SA and SA-MP won't load

Simple. If it won't load then remove your mods.

When launchin GTA:SA with SA-MP it won't start

Delete the gta_sa.set file from your userfiles folder (My Documents\San Andreas User Files) and make sure you don't have any cheats/mods.

The game crashes when a vehicle explodes

If you have 2 monitors then there are 3 ways to solve this:

1. Disable your 2dr monitor when you play sa-mp. (Maybe not so smart if you like to have the monitor on.)
2. Set your Visual FX quality to low. (Esc > Options > Display Setup > Advanced)
3. Rename your GTA San Andreas folder (e.g. to "GTA San Andreas2") (This often works, however sometimes it may stop working again so you need to rename it to something else).
Additional: If you've made a download of a new vehicle model for directory of your GTA:SA. Try to get the original files or download it at another location.
The downloaded files comes pre-installed, which does have a good chance of coming any files corrupted causing this crash in your gamemode.

My mouse doesn't work after exiting the pause menu (esc)

If your mouse seems to be frozen ingame while it (partially) works in the pause menu, then you should disable the multicore option sa-mp.cfg (set it to 0). Continuously tapping Escape until the mouse responds again may also work, but it is not as neat a solution.

The file dinput8.dll is missing

This is possibly arises when DirectX is not properly installed, try re-installing it - don't forget to restart your PC. If the problem still arises, just go at C:\Windows\System32 and copy paste the dinput.dll file to the root directory of your GTA San Andreas. That would solve it.

I can't see other player's nametags

Please be aware that some servers may have nametags globally disabled. Otherwise, this problem often occurs on computers with Intel HD integrated graphics processors (which aren't really meant for gaming, anyway). Unfortunately, the exact cause is unknown and there doesn't seem to be a universal fix available at present time either. A long term fix would be to install a dedicated graphics card in your computer, if this is possible and if your budget allows it. Laptops, of course, can't be upgraded.

I get a dialogue box stating: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Runtime errors are computer errors most often caused by system conflicts between system programs and other currently running software applications. They can also be caused by software issues, memory problems or viruses. Usually, a runtime error will cause your system to noticeably slow down just before a message box appears showing the code and definitions associated with the error.

To simply fix this issue download:

Specific recommendations to run SA:MP

In addition to the requirements GTA: San Andreas, SA-MP needs:

* HD with at least 5.6 MB of free space
* An internet connection (Broadband 512k or more is highly recommended for an online game without lag)
* A copy of GTA: San Andreas for PC - version 1.0 [NO to V1.01, V2.0, V3.0]

You can reply to this topic with your opinions and request for help.

Code: [Select]
Latest topic changes [Changelog]:

[!] The topic has been updated with the following changes:
- Added more solutions to problems
- Some grammar errors fixed

Copyright notice:
Posted on June 13, 2016 for UIF forums.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:48:24 pm by Haisenberg »
Former Administrator Level 4


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1656
  • SA-MP Name: Spear.15
  • *Insert Soul-Stirring Monologue Here*
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:20 pm »

Good topic.
Useful for many.


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1790
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:55 pm »



  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 590
  • "1% CHANCE... 99% FAITH"
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:10 pm »

Good Job !


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2840
  • SA-MP Name: _Haseeb_
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:17:24 pm »

Useful for newbies
The Infamous crew


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 399
  • SA-MP Name: .Tony_Stark.
  • ❝I'm Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist❞
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 12:18:00 am »

helpful, certainly This Should Be Sticked!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:40:58 am by 💎.Tony_Stark.💎 »



  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2997
  • SA-MP Name: Clashy
  • Hey.
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 02:18:43 am »

Nice job!

+1 for sticky
Community helper. Do read stickied topics, drink water and remember Jonathan Archer.
xx Clashy xx


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2338
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:01:05 am »

+1 for sticky.
''Pode falar mal mas nunca vai ser quem eu sou''

predators shooters'


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1192
  • SA-MP Name: Machine..
  • Speef..
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:48 am »

Good job :)


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
  • SA-MP Name: KagAmito
  • The unbearable boredom of predictability
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 07:42:18 am »

Good job
T$  OS  KwS


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 386
  • Yi
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 08:55:38 am »

this will answer many questions for new players here on forum, they thank


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1494
  • SA-MP Name: Kwon_Nara
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 09:00:11 am »

nice one mt

+1 for sticky
Uncrowned x fSc

Light aka LEO

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1797
  • 2012 - 2019
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »

Great, this could be helpful for the newbies

△ Poseiidon △

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3166
  • SA-MP Name: Poseiidon
  • T$ / IS / SoA / ek / DrunkS / DH1 / Nightmare / HM
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 04:11:06 pm »

Give Haisen a cookie +1 for sticky


bww co-leader x kws owner x uncrownded


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 420
  • SA-MP Name: Curly
  • لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Re: UIF Solutions to errors from (Client-Side)
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.