UIF - United Islands Freeroam Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

UIF SA-MP server IP: play.uifserver.net:7776

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: UIF Security Account Management  (Read 6548 times)

Aslow1

• SA-MP Name: Mod3rn
Re: UIF Security Account Management
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 12:34:50 am »

Nice Work

Ayda

• FUCK OFF PLS THANKS
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 11:43:30 pm »

Good

Baer

• SA-MP Name: TheBaer
  • good vibes only'
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 11:48:00 pm »

This is why you are a security admin ;)

Good work man!

rip LLJ'

Gergi

• SA-MP Name: urt.Gergi
  • Hoes mad
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2018, 05:55:28 am »

That's Jazz,  Great work brother

- If you own a Volkswagen Beetle, you know the meaning of life.

Umair Asif

• SA-MP Name: Louis_.
  • * NightCore *
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »

Hi Jazz Nice Work

kareem waly

• SA-MP Name: ..kareem..
  • my discord: kareem waly uif#9137
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:19 am »

Dear UIF community,

I am writing this topic in relation to the amount of problems that people seem to be facing with their accounts these days, those problems are focusing on "hacked accounts" or "forgetting your password. Myself and other higher level staff have been responding to many topics relating to these cases and I feel it's being repetitive, therefor this topic will clarify and explain fully what you can do and what we can do for you, so please refer to this topic if you are one of those victims, also to the rest of the community feel free to re-direct topics that are to do with those two mentioned problems above to this topic.

Forgot Password
> First and foremost is a really common problem that most people face and this problem actually does occur way more than hacked accounts, since it's very easy to forget what your password is, especially if you go inactive and not play for a long time. As of one of our recent builds this server has introduced a new security feature that is used for people to reset their passwords, in the event that you forgot it for whatever reason that may be. Below is a quote from the owner, which specifically explains what you must do in the event of you forgetting your password.
It is absolutely vital that you immediately assign a valid working email address to your account, as soon as you can. This is important to recover your account and if you fail to attach the email before the event takes place, then there will not be a way to recover it.

What solutions can be done to avoid losing or forgetting your password?
That's a really simple question, all you need to do is ensure basic security over it, that can be done through several ways, for example making a discreet note of it somewhere that you know it will be safe and you won't be able to lose it, people often tend to create a text document on their PC, or even on their phone in a notepad app, however keep in mind about other people being able to access your devices and if that is the case, then you'll need to choose another place. Other ways can include using a password that has some sort is significance to you, by this I mean it's something you know you can't forget, because it holds a value and is special to you in some way, this actually helps people remember it a lot more easier than something that is random.

Do some basic checks before you decide to go ahead and try the recovery system
You might not even need to use this system, because the issue is just something small and minor, for example let's start off with the basics. Did you spell the password and Name correctly? Often people would make small mistakes like that and go to the extent of requesting a password reset, when they don't really need it.

The last thing to do with "forgetting your password" that I would like to mention is always take full responsibility over your possessions, because from my experience I've encountered players that go inactive and later return saying it's been so long and they don't remember their password, those solutions I mentioned above will solve this and if you do things like what I stated above, you will not be in a situation that involves you forgetting your password.

Account Hacked
> Moving on to the second subject of this topic is related to hacked accounts. Account hacking occurs everywhere and not just this server alone, however the amount of times we tell players what they need to do to ensure that doesn't happen to them is sometimes not made clear, therefor this topic should give those principles thoroughly.

The quote above briefly summaries the key points of what common ways people do get hacked and it's not only that way now, we have another way people have been getting hacked recently and it's a problem that seems to be growing even to this day. The other problem I'd like to address relating to hacked accounts is the use of social media, that's right the majority of players here including admins,  I'd imagine are using social media and that is not a problem, we will not stop you, nor will we tell you that you can't use things like Facebook or Twitter, but we will advise you on the dangers and potential threats that can be around those places. As most of the community are aware, we do have certain individuals that use to be around UIF, but are no longer here, due to the fact they have been hostile in some way to the server. Specifically mentioning Facebook is a place in which most of them hostile parties are known to be at and we encourage you to not get in contact with them, nor is it a good idea to speak to admins especially there, since we can't be sure it is a actual official admin, rather than a impersonator. I'd like to make it clear that if you have a problem within UIF, such as a report, game problem, ban problem or something else to do with UIF, then please contact staff on official UIF resources, that being the server In-game or here on the server forums.

What to do when you come across a link sent by someone?
Well, first and foremost you do not straight away click on that link, because you dont know where it would re-direct you, double check who the sender is and see if it is a impersonator or an actual person you know. Run a few security checks and scans to see if the link has anything discrepancies and lastly think logically of what it leads to, because if it's something like "Free VIP", then straight away it should give off a strange vibe that it is dodgy and possibly a misleading link into something bad.

How to avoid being hacked in the first place?
I've mostly stated above what you need to do in order to not get hacked  (e.g like not sharing accounts, phishing links etc..), however when it comes hacked accounts, things take place behind the scenes of UIF resources nearly all the time, what I mean by this? Most past players (hostiles/Ex admins) tend to trick the community through things like social media, false copy of the forums (which supposedly replicates the basic looks and visuals, not to mention a similar name), but if you don't use social media, there is a better chance that you will not get hacked by one of these people, therefor this leads me on to say if you don't use social media it's even less likely to get hacked or tricked by one of these people that standby in those places to send requests and start false posts.

What should I do if I do get hacked?
Firstly, posting topics about it in the forums is not going to help the situation, nor will it get you anywhere, since it's really just spamming at the end of the day. As far as we can say for this when you do actually get hacked, there is currently no way to return your account, the current password recovery system was only made and intended for forgetting passwords and not getting hacked, therefor once you fall victim to being hacked it's a very slim chance to get it back, since it's basically out of our reach in someone else's possession. You will have no choice but to start over again with a new account, but taking in all the advise and knowledge that we provide you for next time and future reference.

Lastly I'd like to sum up and say that your account is purely your responsibility, being the owner and user of it, therefor should anything happen like your account falling into someone else's possession, then you would be to blame ultimately. Please keep in mind it is tremendously hard to recover accounts that are hacked, which is realistically why no services no longer exist for such cases, putting out awareness and topics like this will hopefully be a eye opener and prevent it from happening to you in the first place.
nice work !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.