UIF - United Islands Freeroam Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Potential suggestion about server host location  (Read 544 times)

.XzKidul.

Potential suggestion about server host location
« on: November 17, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »

Internet connection and how this can affect your ping.

First, the good ping no matter how good is your internet, if you live far from the server host, your ping will always high or in anothers words not good.
If you're closer to the server host, your ping will be low, otherwise if you are far or too far from it your ping will be high.

Normal ping

If I remember well the server host location in the years 2011 - 2013 was located at United States, so all of us had a good ping independent where you live, aight, was not the best, but stable and relatively low to play in good conditions.

Desynchronized ping

Since I think the server host location actually is located in France, the most European players will have a good ping, but the others players who live in another continen, his ping won't be good nor stable.
For example, in the night, most of players (90%, approximately) are not from Europe, they are from South America, like me. So we have a bad ping (190 - 300 ms) so then our playability condition wont be nice, atleast in ''shooting gamemodes'' like ''Protect the President (PTP) and Cops and Robers (CNR)''. I will explain my point with this, why the ping is important in these cases. Since in those gamemodes a good and stable ping is important because if your ping is high your bullets wont be streamed, in others words thet will be uncoordinated and suffer a delay of ''milli seconds (ms/ping), then when the player goes fast in a car at the hightway (50 - 221km/h), we won't be able to do damage nor pop tires to the player that can be the president/vice president or any enemy target. So with this, the game experience will be unfair and not enjoyable.

In-Game Video demonstration:

https://youtu.be/VW1S2jAr-iA

So here is my suggestion: move the server host location to United States like before

All we know that United States have the best server hosts providers, since it has the best stability, a stable and good ping for all players in the world. By the way, im not saying that the current server host is bad at all, it's just the ping for anothers players, (65% approximately of the players of the server)
Also say, with this all clients will be better synchronized with the server if my suggestion is accepted of course (client - server). The game experience and playibility wil be better for all of us, something enjoyable.

I hope you will understand my point and my english, since my english knowledge is not good, but im improving it. Thanks you for your attention.

Regards,
- .XzKidul.

Ninja_zH

• SA-MP Name: Ninja__zH
  • never give up , never say i cant , you can do it
Re: Potential suggestion about server host location
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »

+1 if it will solve ping problem
Eagle Industries ~Sub.lord

Discord : ! MA - Ninja__zH#2812
_________

AnTaKa.

• SA-MP Name: AnTaKa.
  • UIF <3
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 03:45:17 AM »

Haruko

• SA-MP Name: Haruko.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:13:58 AM »

+1, if it would fix ping. And also I think everyones wifi is bad due to COVID-19
Lone Rock Clan

Laila.Maz™

• SA-MP Name: Laila.Maz
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 09:25:42 AM »

supporting

[ES]Doctor. _.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »

+1

_JohnnySins_

• SA-MP Name: ـJohnnySinsـ
  • forever noob
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 03:19:44 PM »

as far as I understood from your suggestion , you only want your ping and the players from South America's to get better and don't care about others(please enlighten me if I'm wrong), because if the server is moved to the US, the players from the middle east , east Asia , India, Russia , Europe and Morocco and other countries far from USA will have a bad ping mostly above 140 and 200 and they will suffer the problem you are encountering already.

I don't know how you came up with 65% of the players but since this suggestion isn't in everybody's interest , my vote would be -1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:21:54 PM by _JohnnySins_ »

..Duke..

• SA-MP Name: ..Duke..
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 03:02:02 PM »

as far as I understood from your suggestion , you only want your ping and the players from South America's to get better and don't care about others(please enlighten me if I'm wrong), because if the server is moved to the US, the players from the middle east , east Asia , India, Russia , Europe and Morocco and other countries far from USA will have a bad ping mostly above 140 and 200 and they will suffer the problem you are encountering already.

I don't know how you came up with 65% of the players but since this suggestion isn't in everybody's interest , my vote would be -1

1+
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:08:30 PM by ..Duke.. »
Never Give Up

Mr.Faraz

• SA-MP Name: Mr.Faraz
  • LOSER TO LEGEND
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 05:41:48 PM »

Good suggestion +1

"Stay Low, Go Fast, Kill First, Die Last, One Shot, One
             Kill, No Luck, All Skill''

Drifto2106

• Administrator
  • SA-MP Name: Drifto2106
  • Account ID: 3128054
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »

Supporting, +1

Frankensteiin

• Presence.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »

As JohnnySins highlighted, shifting the server's host to US would not fix the ping problem at all. It would simply modify all the players ping average and transfer that desadvantage you spoke about to eastern players.

The way it is today is quite fine because the server's host is located in a very acceptable centered location (world wise).

Concluding, as our current internet technology have its own particular boundries, we'll have to accept and deal with our own ping rates, at least for now.

If someday the samp servers hosts could exist and operate in different locations/countries around the planet (ig. 1 server, 4 hosts sustaining the same IP), so we'd probably be able to reduce everyone's ping. However, I don't know if that's possible and as I'm not a pro in server hosting stuff, I don't have any further property to come up with this subject.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 07:06:16 PM by Frankensteiin »

Kareemtalat

• that what you get after insulting SG members...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 06:57:20 PM »

natural
gC - Gangster Criminals x pS - Predators Shooters

[S]tefano

• Administrator
  • SA-MP Name: [S]tefano
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2020, 09:21:00 PM »

As JohnnySins highlighted, shifting the server's host to US would not fix the ping problem at all. It would simply modify all the players ping average and transfer that desadvantage you spoke about to eastern players.

The way it is today is quite fine because the server's host is located in a very acceptable centered location (world wise).

Concluding, as our current internet technology have its own particular boundries, we'll have to accept and deal with our own ping rates, at least for now.

If someday the samp servers hosts could exist and operate in different locations/countries around the planet (ig. 1 server, 4 hosts sustaining the same IP), so we'd probably be able to reduce everyone's ping. However, I don't know if that's possible and as I'm not a pro in server hosting stuff, I don't have any further property to come up with this subject.

^

Hall of Shame destroyer

• wanna moderate your own members too? :)
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »

totally agree with you johnny sins. i see you have a lot of experience, with a lot of things.. throughout your career.. and uif of course.

waited till i'm moderated to reply. typical Hall of Shame members will never change.

Rick♔

• Lead Administrator
  • SA-MP Name: Rick
  • AKA [V]ersace
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 11:46:57 PM »

That is absolutely incorrect. If you move the server host, you’ll also move the problem with it. -1
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:08:51 AM by Rick♔ »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.