UIF - United Islands Freeroam Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PTP map selection  (Read 848 times)

[PhD]meow

• SA-MP Name: [PhD]meow
PTP map selection
« on: November 27, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »

Hello UIF players, I hope you're doing fine.
I have two suggestions regarding how PTP maps are chosen:
1. There are a lot of times when PTP map is stuck and we have to play a particular map over and over again. Now, I'm not much of a programmer but I think random numbers are used to determine what map is gonna be up next. Two ways to make random sequences are:
a. use pseudo-random numbers created by computers
b. make a list consisting of a pattern of numbers which every number corresponds to a map, and repeat this pattern over and over.
Again, I'm not a programmer but I think the former is used to choose the PTP map.
My suggestion is to set a limit on how many times a map could be chosen in a row by adding an if-else statement to the code. I think that a maximum number of 2 is good, so we don't have to play the same map 3 times in a row.
OR use the second way and make a pretty long list of numbers and make sure there is no three equal numbers in a row on it.

2. I think I speak for everyone when I say Countryside map isn't liked. Even some Senior and Lead admins change this map when it's chosen. I don't wanna suggest removing this map, because lots of efforts have been put into making it and also sometimes it's good to play on a new map for a change.
This suggestion is somewhat related to the first one. I suggest that this map gets chosen less frequently than the others. I don't wanna bore you with how this should be done, because the developers surely know how to.

KOTNK

Re: PTP map selection
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:16:11 AM »

Different people - different taste and choice, I like countryside and I dont like LS. When PTP map is stuck, it is not so annoying too lets be honest, its little bit funny how it works.
For 1st suggestion - Neutral, for 2nd suggestion - Negative

Twinkie[Meow]

• SA-MP Name: Twinkie , Meow , Abstract , HellCat
  • 19 years old
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 11:53:23 AM »

-1 not good idea

and pls change ur name bcs its my name  >:(
]g2[HELLCAT,G2.Meow,Twinkie.DM$,
DM$ , HM <3

morozova

• SA-MP Name: morozova
  • /fall
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 08:52:43 PM »

1. There are a lot of times when PTP map is stuck and we have to play a particular map over and over again. Now, I'm not much of a programmer but I think random numbers are used to determine what map is gonna be up next. Two ways to make random sequences are:
a. use pseudo-random numbers created by computers
b. make a list consisting of a pattern of numbers which every number corresponds to a map, and repeat this pattern over and over.
Again, I'm not a programmer but I think the former is used to choose the PTP map.
My suggestion is to set a limit on how many times a map could be chosen in a row by adding an if-else statement to the code. I think that a maximum number of 2 is good, so we don't have to play the same map 3 times in a row.
OR use the second way and make a pretty long list of numbers and make sure there is no three equal numbers in a row on it.

Ahhh yes, it can be annoying if the map you dislike keeps repeating. But to be fair, especially in ptp, there aren't many maps you can choose between. Still, you make a good point and I like the suggestion.

Lavitra.

• SA-MP Name: Lavitra.pHH
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 06:35:12 AM »

Supporting.
But each map should be treated equally.
Like, a sequence of the four maps, which repeats always.
Might be better.
Since build 123 | Admin 09-09-20 to 14-01-21\

/astats 2860626,  2858042

Gajusz_Ceplus

• SA-MP Name: [FlusH]Noobmaster69
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 03:12:39 PM »

Supporting.
But each map should be treated equally.
Like, a sequence of the four maps, which repeats always.
Might be better.

And president kills himself on purpose because he doesn't want to be one and you play the same maps again anyway.

..Duke..

• Administrator Lvl 1
  • SA-MP Name: ..Duke_.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 09:03:08 AM »

The system that is now is also not bad. Negative

Hall of Malevolence ~ Forum Member

The Crazy Family ~ Forum Member

.twiCh

• SA-MP Name: .twiChINSIDER
  • Be happy it drives people crazy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 09:17:44 AM »

I am with you on the second suggestion, but in the first suggestion my response will be negative

[PhD]meow

• SA-MP Name: [PhD]meow
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »

The system that is now is also not bad. Negative

Okay, so my other suggestion about map voting may not have gone over, but something needs to be done about the way maps are cycled through. I've had too many sessions where the same map was spammed over and over and over. Always happens to be that desert map too for some reason.

All I want is a system where the same map won't be played more than 2 or 3 times in a row. That sounds relatively simple to implement, at least compared to a map vote system with a menu and all.

1+,Yea my maxium map 3.

Seems like you have a tendency to contradict yourself or you just care about increasing your forum posts.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.